I couldn’t be more happy for my blog: The Wonderful World of Cinema has already been nominated for a second Liebster Award! Many thanks to Robin from Pop Culture Reverie for that! Of course, I will now answer Robin’s 11 questions, share 11 things about me, nominate 11 other bloggers for the award and ask them my own 11 questions!
Robin’s 11 questions
1. What movie that is “not your kind of movie” do you like? (a movie that the people who know you would be surprised to find that you like)
Well, I’m normally not a fan of horror movies (except for the Hitchcock’s films, that are not that much scary), but I thought Silence of the Lambs was an amazing film and didn’t scare me THAT MUCH. Yes, it’s kind of disgusting, but I didn’t have nightmares after watching it, you know.
2. What movie do you think would have worked better as a TV series?
Hum, I never really thought about this type of question! Maybe Hitchcock’s Topaz? One of the rare Hitchcock’s films I didn’t really like. As a film it was too long, but it could have worked as a television show. Maybe.
3. What actor or actress do you think deserves to be more widely known and appreciated?
They are many! But I’ll go with Nova Pilbeam. Even if I have only seen two of her films (two Hitchcock’s films: The Man Who Knew Too Much and Young and Innocent), because her movies are not easy to find, I think she is an excellent actress and I’ve always liked her. She’s one of my favourite child actors and deserves to be more well-known.
4. What’s your favorite movie song?
Hum, I just LOVE movie music, so that’s hard to choose only one! I think I’ll go with Gunfight at O.K Corral theme song. It’s a song I love, definitely in my top 10 favourite songs.
5. What’s your favorite teen movie?
Well, it doesn’t appear on Wikipedia’s list of “teen films”, but I’m sure we can consider Footloose a teen movie. Love the music and the dances in this film. A real entertainment!
6. What movie do you like that you think no one else has heard of?
I’ll go with Father is a Bachelor. I simply adore this film and it actually became my second favourite William Holden’s film. Well, there are probably other people who heard about this film, but not many. It’s not William Holden’s most well-known film. However, if you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend it. It’s a delightful family movie.
7. What is the first movie you remember seeing?
Oh wow! That was probably a Disney film. Bambi, maybe?
8. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Well, you know, there was my life BEFORE watching classic films. So, my first celebrity crush was unfortunately not a classical actor. I can remember who the FIRST one was, but I remember Peter Facinelli ( who played Carlise in Twilight…yes, I used to like this film…) was one of them. It’s true that he’s not so bad. 😉
9. What movie genre do you dislike the most?
Hum, I never was a fan of science-fiction, but like horror films, they are some exceptions and science-fiction’s movies that I like such as Soylent Green, E.T, A Clockwork Orange and some others.
10. Which actor or actress who never won an Academy Award would you like most to have won one? For which movie?
My, Joseph Cotten, a truly talented actor, wasn’t even nominated for an Oscar. Such a shame really! He should have won an Oscar for his interpretation of Uncle Charlie in Shadow of a Doubt. He was just GREAT in this film and played the perfect villain.
11. How do you choose the specific topics you write about?
Well, it always depends. When I participate to a blogathon, of course I go with the blogathon’s thematic. When I write actors or actresses tributes, it’s most of the time for the occasion of a birthday. And when I write random movie reviews, that’s when a movie I’ve seen recently inspires me to write a review and I know I will have interesting things to say about it.
11 things about me
1. I have the reputation, in my family and my group of friends, to be one of Hitchcock’s greatest fans! I’m always in the mood to watch one of his films and, so far, I’ve seen 42 or 43 of them. Well, to know why I love that much Hitchcock’s films, I invite you to read this article: Why Do I Love Hitchcock’s Films?
2. I was just talking about my first celebrity crush. Well, my first classic celebrity crush was Marlon Brando (and he still is one of my celebrity crushes!), but there was a time I was so obsessed with him! When I was going to sleep, I was putting a book opened to a page with a picture of him on the floor next to my bed. I couldn’t lay my eyes out of him!
3. Talking about obsessions, before I started to be obsessed with classic films, my passion, my obsession was Madonna. Everybody knew me as the girl who was crazy about Madonna. I still love her, but I’ve calmed down my nerves a little. Also, I’m not a fan of her most recent songs, I prefer much more her songs of the 80’s and the 90’s.
4. French is my first language. Of course, I can speak English (!), but also German a little (that’s the interesting part of this trivia)!
6. I’ve just come back from a trip to California and when I was in San Francisco, I met one of my Facebook friends: Lara Gabrielle Fowler from Backlots! We had dinner together and that was so nice to meet her in real life! 😀
7. I consider myself as a “Lockwood Missionary”. What is that? Well, as I am a big Margaret Lockwood’s fan, I’m trying to make her known to as much people as possible, because she is not very well known here in Quebec.
8. When I was in elementary school, I was the teacher’s pet. The calm student that was appreciated by every teachers, that was me. A real angel. O:) 😉 Some people were jealous I think. Ahah!
9. Except writing reviews for Classic Flix and this blog, I also work in a supermarket, in the delicatessen department. Just a student job you know, I have NO intentions to do this all my life! I hope my next job won’t involve food. :S
10. When I was watching The Tudors and was obsessed with this TV show, I had a red fish named Henri VIII (yes, just like if you were naming your turtle Elizabeth II…) He unfortunately lived only one week because he refused to eat… He didn’t have time to have 6 wives like the real Henri VIII…
11. I think one of my favourite places in the world is Cape-Cod. I just love Cape-Cod. The beach, the camping, the pretty houses, Provincetown, etc. And I don’t have to pay for a plane ticket to go! Cheap travel!
The 11 blogs I nominate for the Liebster Award
My 11 questions to the 11 nominated blogs
1. Who is your favourite movie director and why?
2. Did you ever had a the chance to met a movie star? When? What was the occasion?
3. If you were working in the movie business (or maybe you already do!), what will be your dream job?
4. What do you thing was the best movie star biography, or autobiography written?
5. Which movie star do you think should be next honoured by a Life Achievement Oscar?
6. Except cinema, do you have another passion? If yes, what is it?
7. Psycho and The Birds are probably the two most well-known Hitchcock’s films. Which one do you prefer?
8. What do you think was Pixar’s best short film?
9. You have the chance to marry and actor or an actress. Who do you choose? 😉
10. Did we ever tell you that you look like a certain movie star? If yes, who?
11. What do you think is the best article you wrote on your blog? Why?
Can’t wait to see your answers! Good luck!
Thanks again to Robin for the nomination! Such an honour! 🙂