Hello everybody! It’s been some time now since I’ve been considering hosting a blogathon honouring Dolores Hart. Those who have been following my blog since the beginning know it’s not the first time I talk about her. Dolores Hart’s story is a unique one in the Hollywood history. After an uncredited role in Forever Amber (Otto Preminger, 1947) she truly started her career as an actress in 1957 with Loving You (Hal Kanter, 1957) alongside Elvis Presley, Lizabeth Scott, and Wendell Corey. But, in 1963, she quitted the acting life to become a Roman Catholic nun at the Abbey of Regina Laudis in Connecticut. The years passed by and she eventually became Mother Dolores Hart. In 2013, her autobiography The Ear of the Heart: An Actress’ Journey From Hollywood to Holy Vows, co-written with Richard DeNeut, was published.
Dolores Hart’s life certainly is a fascinating one. Even if her career as an actress only last a few years, she had the chance to develop her talent and she was a brilliant actress. Dolores Hart deserves more recognition and, as she’s very special to me, I absolutely wanted to host a blogathon in honour of her 80th birthday next October!
So, I invite you to join ‘From the Stars to a Star: Celebrating Dolores Hart’. I know the word “blogathon” is not mentioned in the title but, otherwise, I think it would have been too long! Anyway, you understand that it’s one!
This blogathon is for everybody. If you are not too familiar with Dolores Hart, I think this could be the perfect occasion for you to discover her. Because she’s truly one of a kind!
If you wish to participate, please take the time to read these simple rules:
1- Choose a subject by commenting on this article or by sending me an email at email@example.com, or via The Wonderful World of Cinema Facebook page. Please include the name of your blog + the URL.
- Subjects can be anything related to Dolores Hart Everything from her acting career to her religious life.
- Good news: I allow duplicates! Well, the main reason is that she didn’t star in many movies (ten) and I want as many participants as possible. There are other subjects of course, but I thought it would be stupid to impose a no duplicates rule. But try not to write ALL about the same subject!
- Can I write more than one entry? Yes, but I will allow a maximum of two entries/person.
- Can I participate even if I don’t have a blog? Sure little frog! Just send me your article at my email address and it will be published on this blog as a guest post.
2- Once your subject has been confirmed by me (who else?), please help me spread the word about this unique event by sharing it on social media and decorating your own blog with one of these banners:
3- The event will start on October 18, 2018, and will end on October 20, 2018 on Dolores Hart’s 80th birthday. On the 18, I will publish a new post where you will be able to submit your entry (comments section).
- If for some weird reason you don’t like Dolores Hart (!), this blogathon is not for you. Every article that seems disrespectful towards her won’t be included in the blogathon.
- If you want to participate, subscribe! Don’t write an article on Dolores Hart and then assume I will include it in the roster if you haven’t subscribed first. I do accept last-minute subscriptions, but subscribe!
- Please, mention my blog and the event in your article and also share the link to the other entries. Make sure to share the one I’ll post on the 18th, not this one.
5- If you have any question, don’t hesitate to ask!
Here is the roster!
The Wonderful World of Cinema – Personal Tribute
Realweegiemidget Reviews – Loving You (1957)
Caftan Woman – The Mountain of the Sun (The Virginian episode, 1963)
Whimsically Classic – Where the Boys Are (1960)
Crítica Retrô – King Creole (1958)
The Stop Button – Lonelyhearts (1958)
Musings of a Classic Film Addict – Come Fly With Me (1963)
In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood – King Creole (1958)
October 18 seems far, but time flies…with me! I’m very impatient for us to honour the great Mother Dolores!