Hello again! Yes, another year will soon be at our door which means… more blogathons of course! You already know that I’ll be honouring Jean Simmons on her 90th birthday at the end of January with Phyllis Loves Her Classic Movies. BUT there’s someone else I’ve been desperate to honour AND invite you to honour him with me: the great and very underrated Arthur Kennedy. Since I’ve written about him for a past edition of the What A Character! Blogathon, he’s become my favourite character actor. I just LOVE. HIM. SO. MUCH. And he deserves more recognition.
But, we like to find good reasons to host a blogathon, more than just “I love this actor”. Ok, it’s a good reason enough, but I have a much better one: next February 17, Arthur Kennedy would have been 105 years old!
Arthur Kennedy is not only remembered for his work in the movie industry, but also for his brilliant (so I’ve read) performances on stage. He was, after all, the winner of a Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a play for Arthur Miller’s Death of A Salesman. He was also nominated for no less than FIVE Oscars! How come we don’t talk about him more??
Well, now it’s your occasion to change that by participating to this blogathon!
Take a look at these few rules first.
1- Choose a subject and submit it by commenting on this post or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide the name of your blog, the URL and your twitter handle if you have one.
- It can be anything related to Arthur Kennedy (his films, his stage career, his work with Mark Robson, etc).
- Because I’m a good person I’ll allow duplicates for this blogathon. However, not more than two bloggers on the same subject!
- I will allow a maximum of two entries/person
- You can participate even if you don’t have a blog! Just send me your article via email and I’ll post it on my blog as a guest post.
- All articles must be new material
2- Once I’ve approved your subject, grab one of these banners and embellish your blog with it to help me promote the event!
3- The event will start on February 15 and will end on February 17, 2019. When it will start, I will publish a new post where you’ll be able to submit your entry.
4- A few requests:
- All post must show respect towards Arthur Kennedy. So if you don’t like him, this event might not be for you. But if you don’t know him, that’s different as the event could be a good opportunity for you to discover him! 😉
- If you want to participate, subscribe first. I don’t want you to write an article and then assume I’ll include it to the rooster if you haven’t subscribed first. I’ll accept last minute subscription, but subscribe!
5- If you have any question, don’t hesitate to ask!
Subjects already claimed twice:
– Bright Victory
Musings of a Classic Film Addict – Peyton Place (1957)
Pop Culture Reverie – Murder, She Said (1961)
In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood – A Summer Place (1959)
Dubbism – Sport Analogies Hidden In Classic Movies : They Died With Their Boots On (1941)
Caftan Woman – Bright Victory (1951)
The Stop Button – Bend of the River (1952)
Pale Writer – Bright Victory (1951)
Film Exodus – Boomerang (1947)
Realweegiemidget Reviews – The President’s Plane Is Missing (1973)
Movierob – Air Force (1943) and The Desperate Hours (1955)
Taking Up Room – Barabbas (1961)
Second Sight Cinema – Some Came Running (1958)
The Midnite Drive-In – High Sierra (1941)
Silver Screenings – Too Late for Tears (1949)
See you in February!