After publishing my essay on Spellbound earlier today, I’m back with more Ingrid Bergman stuff as I decided to announce the 4th Wonderful Ingrid Bergman Blogathon! Hey, I finished 2 hours earlier at work, so why not taking the occasion to do so! 🙂 I must admit I hesitated before hosting this blogathon again because I seem to have less and less participants each year, but I must admit I miss hosting blogathons and Ingrid Bergman is too extraordinary not to be celebrated annually! 🙂 Plus, I might not be able to host it in 2019. So here we (me and Ingrid) are again!
So, from August 27 to 29, 2018, the Swedish goddess will once again be venerated!
The 4th Wonderful Ingrid Bergman Blogathon has for objective to remember Ingrid on her 103rd birthday but also her 36th death anniversary. It is created for fans to share their love and admiration toward this marvelous actress and share with us some a collection of always worth reading articles!
If you wish to participate in this most amazing event, please read the following steps and rules:
1- Choose a subject by commenting on this article or sending me an email at email@example.com, or via The Wonderful World of Cinema Facebook Page. Please indicate the name of your blog + the URL.
- It can be anything related to Ingrid Bergman. An essay about one of her films, her life, actors she collaborated with, or even her children such as actress and model Isabella Rossellini!
- No duplicate. As there is a multitude of subjects to discuss in connection with Ingrid Bergman, I’ll ask you not to choose one that has already been claimed (except if it’s something very vague like a personal tribute).
- Can I write more than one entry? Yes, but I will allow a maximum of two entries/person.
- Can I participate if I don’t have a blog? Sure! Just mail me your article at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will add it to my blog as a guest post!
- Note: All articles must be new material.
2- Once your subject has been approved, please help me spread the world by sharing one of these banners on your blog! This year concept: on the set photos of Ingrid Bergman with a mirror effect! You can also help me promote the blogathon on various social medias (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google +, etc.)
3- The event will take place from August 27 to August 29, 2018. When it will begins on the 27, I will update a new post where you’ll be able to submit your entries in the comments section.
4- A few requests:
- If you don’t like Ingrid Bergman, this blogathon might not be for you. This is an event to celebrate her. Plus, any articles that seem disrespectful toward Ingrid Bergman or that shows that you clearly don’t like her won’t be included in this blogathon.
- If you want to participate, please subscribe! I know it sounds stupid, but don’t write an article on Ingrid Bergman and then assume I will include it to the blogathon if you haven’t subscribe first. I do accept last minute subscription, but subcsribe!
- Please, mention my blog and the event in your article and also share the link to the other entries. Make sure to share the one I’ll post on the 27th, not this one. Blogathons are like big get-together!
5- If you have any question, don’t hesitate to ask! 🙂
To help you, here are the subjects that have already been claimed:
- Autumn Sonata
- Cactus Flower
- Ingrid Bergman as a feminist icon
- Ingrid Bergman : In Her Own Words
- For Whom the Bell Tolls
Here are the participants and their subjects
Cinematic Scribblings – Stromboli (1950)
Taking Up Room – Casablanca (1942)
Realweegiemidget Reviews – Indiscreet (1958)
Maddy Loves Her Classic Films – Anastasia (1956)
The Stop Button – Autumn Sonata (1978)
Thoughts All Sorts – Notorious (1946)
The Midnite Drive-In – Cactus Flower (1958)
Three Enchanting Ladies – Ingrid Bergman: Power and Feminism
A Shroud of Thoughts – Spellbound (1945)
Crítica Retrô – Ingrid Bergman: In Her Own Words (2015)
The Hitless Wonder Movie Blog – For Whom the Bell Tolls (1943)
So, I can’t wait to be back in August for this big celebration!