I received (quite a long time ago) a fifth and a sixth Liebster Award! The first one is a courtesy of Louis from The Cinematic Frontier and the second one was given to me by MIB’s Instant Headache. Of course, this is an honour and I want to thank both bloggers! Please forgive me for “accepting” the awards so late!
As always, I have to answer to the bloggers who nominated me’s eleven questions, then say 11 things about me, nominate 11 other blogs and ask them 11 questions. I might not tell you 11 (or 22!) things about me since I’ve already said a lot in my previous nominations and might not nominate 11 (or 22) blogs either.
Well, here we go
Starting with Louis’s 11 questions!
1- What is your favorite new release of 2016 so far?
Hum, I don’t watch many “recent” movie, so I think I’ve actually seen only one: Finding Dory. But I liked it!
2- Do you prefer 3D or 2D?
3D can be very impressive, but I hate wearing 3D glasses. So I’ll go with 2D.
3- What is your favorite film from the year you were born?
1995 is generally far from being my favourite year in films, but some good ones were released. I’ll go with David Fincher’s Se7en and Toy Story. (I’ve already answered that question lol)
4- Star Treck or Star Wars?
Euhm… none! Not really my kind of films. But if I REALLY had to choose I’ll go with Star Wars I guess.
5- Which Comic-Con have you most recently attended (or, if you’ve never been to one, which one do you plan or wish to attend)?
Hum, I’ve never attended a Comic-Con and don’t think I ever will. The only thing that interested me at Montreal’s Comic-Con is when Malcolm McDowell came a few years ago (he’s the guy in Clockwork Orange you know)!
6- Blu-ray or streaming?
7- Name your favourite 80’s song in a film.
Very interesting question! I’ll go with Into the Groove from Desperately Seeking Susan (performed by Madonna). Pretty hard question since I love music from the 80s in general.
8- What is your favourite film based on a book?
If it’s from a book I have read, that would be Strangers on a Train. However, I think the best adaptation is Rebecca. Both Hitchcock’s films.
9- What is your favorite (or least favorite) Nicholas Cage haircut?
10- Which film recently made you reflect on it long after the credits were over?
To Sir, With Love
11- Who is your favorite composer?
Movie composer? Miklos Rosza or Bernard Hermann
MIB’s Instant Headache’s 11 questions
1- If you could direct a film and cast any actor or actress, living or dead, who would it be?
I’ll do a Doris’ Day musical because those are so much fun. And her co-star would be Grace Kelly because we need more Grace Kelly’s films (and she sings well for a non-singer, and the co-star don’t necessarily have to be a man)!
2- Which superhero did you want to be as a kid?
I wanted to be Hermione Granger from Harry Potter (ok, not really a “super hero”, but she’s amazing, no?)
3- Do you believe in God?
I believe in myself.
4- Should man-buns/topknots be banned (except for Samurai of course)?
Hum no… Why should it be? I myself often wear topknots! :O This is a very practical summer hairstyle for those who have very long hair like me.
5- Have you ever joined or set foot in a gym?
Hum, I don’t go to a gym to train, but when I was in elementary school, high school and CEGEP our physical education courses were in a gym. Of course, not a “gym gym” with all the machines and everything. Does it count? 😛
6- What was your favourite childhood toy?
The type of question that makes me nostalgic! It’s not a “toy toy” but what I loved to do when I was young was to disguise myself.
7- Do you currently have or have you ever had a pet?
I don’t have one right now, but I had some fishes!
8- And if so, what is/was it?
One red fish named Culbute (actually that was my sister’s fish). One red beta named… eumh it had several names: Avale-Tout, Cerise (or Cherry) and Gros Caca (Big Shit) when it was annoying. Then, one red fish named Henry VIII who only lived a week because he refused to eat. And finally, one Beta (my sister’s) named Gertie, who lived almost 2 years and it was the best fish ever. I miss her!
9- Can you recall the first film you ever saw at the cinema?
I think it was Stuart Little or Toy Story 2!
10- What was the best music concert you ever attended?
Madonna’s Rebel Heart Tour of course! Even if I was very very far and couldn’t see her very well.
Is there a particular word you have trouble pronouncing?
Hum, Slovak words with no vowels! (main reason why I DON’T speak Slovak lol).
11 things about me.
I can tell you some stuff about my last trip to Europe!
- My favourite city among the four was Vienna (the other ones I visited were Budapest, Bratislava, and Prague)
- When we were in Vienna, we met Paul Henreid’s grandson! He was very nice and showed us some very interesting things in the city.
- When I was in Prague, I met one of my friend bloggers, Michaela from Love Letters to Old Hollywood because she was there for her studies! And I discovered she was the same age as me, which is pretty nice.
- When I came back from my trip, a very special letter was waiting for me: Earl Holliman’s reply to my fan mail. Two beautiful autographed pictures! And I didn’t even ask for them! How sweet of him. 🙂
5. My favourite subjects to write about on this blog are Alfred Hitchcock, Buster Keaton, Katharine Hepburn, William Holden, Grace Kelly and Ingrid Bergman
6. My name is mentioned in the acknowledgments of my friend Lyndsy Spence new book: Margaret Lockwood: Queen of the Silver Screen. That’s pretty much an honour since I love Margaret Lockwood.
7. I gave myself the challenge to learn a new song each week. So far I haven’t really work on it very well, but I’ve already learned The Lady is a Tramp (Ella Fitzgerald’s version)!
Well, as I’ve already said 44 things about me in the previous Liebster Awards acceptances, I don’t have any inspiration anymore.
The blogs I nominate:
Congratulation to you!
My 11 questions to those blogs
- What is your favourite blogathon?
- What subject do you like the most to write about on your blog
- What is your current movie character crush (not movie actor, movie character)
- Do you wear perfume? If yes, which one?
- Can you sing? (I mean, can you sing well lol)?
- Do you play a musical instrument?
- What is your favourite cinematographic moment? It can be something that lasts just 3 seconds in a film.
- Have you ever written fan mail? Did you receive any answers?
- When you started your blog, do you remember what was the first blog you followed and what was the first blog to follow you?
- What is the last book you read?
- What would be your dream house?
Well, that’s all! I’m impatient to read your answers! Don’t forget to also say 11 things about you and nominate 11 other blogs (and ask them 11 questions as well)!
The Wonderful World of Cinema is, once again, honoured