2019 is a great year for movie addicts as we are celebrating the 90th birthday of three wonderful actresses: Jean Simmons, Audrey Hepburn, and Grace Kelly of course! If the first two have already been honour previously this year, November will be the time to celebrate the lovely and iconic Grace Kelly! For the occasion, I am back with my Wonderful Grace Kelly Blogathon. An event more than special since it won’t only mark what would have been the 90th birthday of the actress who became a princess, but also the 5th edition of this event! Yeah, already! Last year, the amazing Emily from The Flapper Dame helped me co-host and she kindly accepted to do so again this year. AND we are thrilled to be joined by a third co-host: the extraordinary Samantha from Musings of a Classic Film Addict. This won’t be the first time I’ll be hosting a blogathon with these ladies so I know we’ll have a lot of fun, plus they are both huge fans of the actress.
Grace Kelly sadly left us way too soon but she’s one of these celebrities that I intend to honour all my life. This blogathon is a wonderful opportunity for you to do the same and share your love for the stunning blonde with the rest of the blogosphere.
The event will begin on November 10 and will end on November 12, 2019, more precisely on Grace’s birthday.
If you want to participate, take an attentive look at these rules first:
1- Choose a subject connected to Grace Kelly by commenting on this article or on Emily’s Blog or on Samantha’s Blog. Or, you can send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, provide the name of your blog and the URL.
- It can be anything related to Grace Kelly: her films, her life as a princess, fashion, her teamwork with Alfred Hitchcock, etc.
- Since Grace starred in only 11 films, we will allow duplicates. However, try not to write all about the same film!
- We will allow a maximum of two entries/person.
- Can I participate if I don’t have a blog? Sure! All you’ve got to do is to send me your article via email email@example.com and I’ll include it on my blog as a guest post.
- All articles must be new material.
2- Once your subject has been approved, grab one of these banners (or the one at the top of this article) and include it on your blog to help us spread the word! You can also help us promote the event by sharing it on various social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
3- The event will start on November 10, 2019, and will end on November 12, 2019, which marks Grace Kelly’s birthday. Emily will host day 1, Samantha will host day 2 and I’ll be hosting day 3. On these dates, we will publish a new post with the articles.
4- A few requests:
- Ths is not a blogathon for Grace Kelly haters. If you don’t like her, this blogathon might not be for you. We are here to celebrate her after all. Any blog post that seems disrespectful towards her won’t be included to the blogathon.
- If you want to participate, SUBSCRIBE FIRST. We simply don’t want you to write an article and assume we’ll add it to the blogathon even if you haven’t subscribed first. We will accept last-minute subscriptions, but subscribe!
- Please, mention our blogs as well as the event in your article. And don’t forget to share the links to the other entries. Make sure you share the ones we’ll post on November 10, 11 and 12.
5- If you have any question, don’t hesitate to ask!
Three Enchanting Ladies (my second blog) – TBA
Musings of a Classic Film Addict – Grace Kelly’s Ratatouille Niçoise (Receipe)
The Flapper Dame – The Bridges at Toko-Ri (1954) + Meet Me In Monaco (book review)
The Stop Button – The Bridges at Toko-Ri (1954)
Screen Dreams – To Catch a Thief (1955)
Pale Writer – Grace Kelly and Alfred Hitchcock’s Collaborations
Poppity Talks Classic Films – Personal Tribute
Thoughts All Sort – Rear Window (1954)
Down These Mean Streets – Rear Window (1954)
4 Star Films – Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly part II
Crítica Retrô – Grace Kelly Interviews
Overture Books And Film – The Country Girl (1954)
The Classic Movie Muse – High Society (1956)
Maddy Loves Her Classic Films – Five Grace Kelly films people should see
I’m very impatient to celebrate the wonderful Grace Kelly with you!