Next April, we will celebrate the wonderful William Holden’s centenary. And, as you know, I’m a big fan of him and want to make things big for the occasion.
So, I invite you all to participate The Third Golden Boy Blogathon: A William Holden Centenary Celebration! This year, things will be different as I join forces with my blogger friends Michaela from Love Letters to Old Hollywood and Emily from The Flapper Dame. Who said millennials didn’t like “old” actors. 😉 Anyway, I am so honoured these fine ladies accepted to help with for this event!
Here are the steps and rules for you if you want to participate in the blogathon:
1- Choose a subject. It can be anything related to William Holden, but don’t forget that our objective is to honour him.
- Because we want as many participants as possible for this special edition of the blogathon, we will allow duplicates, but not more than two people on the same subject!
- We allow you to write a maximum of two entries.
3- Once your subject is confirmed, grab one of these beautiful banners and include it on your blog in order to help us promote the blogathon. These were designed by Michaela and we LOVE them!
4- The blogathon will start on April 15 and will end on April 17, 2018. Michaela will host the first day (15), Emily will host the second day, and I’ll host the last one (17). Please, make sure to have your entries ready on time!
5- On the blogathon dates, each one of us will update a new post where you will be able to submit your entry.
Please help us spread the word about the blogathon. Talk about it to your blogger friends, share it on various social media, etc. We want to have as many participants as possible. Golden Holden deserves this honour!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!
To guide you… Subjects already claimed twice
- Sabrina (1954)
- Picnic (1955)
- Paris When It Sizzles (1964)
- Stalag 17 (1953)
- Sunset Boulevard (1950)
Here are the participating blogs and their subjects!
- Love Letters to Old Hollywood – Born Yesterday (1950)
- The Flapper Dame– Paris When It Sizzles (1964)
- The Wonderful World of Cinema – TBH
- Coffee, Classics, & Craziness – The Horse Soldiers (1959)
- Taking Up Room– Sabrina (1954)
- Juliet Campbell (Guest atThe Wonderful World of Cinema) – The Counterfeit Traitor (1962)
- In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood – Paris When It Sizzles (1964)
- 4 Star Films– Picnic (1955)
- Maddy Loves Her Classic Films – Sabrina (1954)
- I ❤️ Bill Holden – Breezy (1973)
- Cinema Cities – William Holden Oscar nominate roles (Sunset Blvd., Stalag 17, and Network)
- Crítica Retrô – Picnic (1955)
- Thoughts All Sorts – The Wild Bunch (1969)
- Anybody Got a Match? – Holden and Audrey Hepburn’s relationship
- 39 Frames – Sunset Boulevard (1950)
- Old Hollywood Films – Holden’s appearance on I Love Lucy
- Dubsism – “Sports Analogies Hidden In Classic Movies” installment on Stalag 17
- The Midnite Drive-In – The Devil’s Brigade (1968)
- Lalarukh Aga (guest at The Wonderful World of Cinema) – Holden video tribute
- Vinnieh – The Key (1958)
- Caftan Woman – The Remarkable Andrew (1942)
- The Story Enthusiast – Dear Ruth (1947)
- Silver Screen Classics – Invisible Stripes (1939)
- Musings of a Classic Film Addict – Bill Holden tribute
- The Stop Button – The Moon Is Blue (1953)
- LA Explorer – The Fleet’s In (1942)
- Whimsically Classic – Miss Grant Takes Richmond (1949)
We are all very impatient for this event to start! For some entertainment, I invite you to watch my fun video trailer announcing Bill’s centenary.
See you in April!
– If you are interesting to make a donation to the William Holden Wildlife Foundation fund created by Stephanie Powers in 1982, please click here. This can be another way to please our golden boy!