As usual, next November, I’ll be hosting The Wonderful Grace Kelly Blogathon (4th edition) in honour of this unique lady. But, but, but! I made a little change this year as I asked Emily from The Flapper Dame to co-host the event with me and she gladly accepted! She had previously co-hosted the last edition of The Golden Boy Blogathon with me and Michaela from Love Letters To Old Hollywood and it’s been a truly pleasant experience. And since Grace Kelly is Emily’s favourite actress, I couldn’t think of someone better to help me host this event.
I normally schedule this blogathon for November 10 to November 12 but, this year, I’ve decided to go only with November 11 and 12, the main reason being that two other blogathons already take place on November 10. Emily will be hosting the first day and I’ll be hosting the second.
We hope to have many participants to celebrate the actress who became a princess! If you are interested in taking part, please make sure to read the following rules:
1- Choose a subject connected to Grace Kelly by commenting on this article or on Emily’s blog. Or, you can send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, provide the name of your blog and the URL.
- It can be anything related to Grace Kelly: her films, her life as a princess, fashion, etc.
- Since Grace made only 11 films, we will allow duplicates. However, try not write all about the same film!
- We will allow a maximum of two entries/person.
- Can I participate if I don’t have a blog? Sure! All you’ve got to do is to send me your article via email email@example.com and I’ll include it on my blog as a guest post.
- All articles must be new material
2- Once your subject has been approved, grab one of these banners and include it on your blog to help us spread the word! You can also help us promote the event by sharing it on various social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Google +, etc.).
3- The event will start on November 11, 2018, and will end on November 12, 2018, which marks Grace Kelly’s birthday. Emily will host day 1 and I’ll be hosting day 2. On these dates, we will publish a new post with the articles.
4- A few requests:
- No Grace Kelly haters. If you don’t like her, this blogathon might not be for you. We are here to celebrate her after all. Any blog post that seems disrespectful towards her won’t be included to the blogahton.
- If you want to participate, SUBSCRIBE FIRST. We simply don’t want you to write an article and assume we’ll add it to the blogathon even if you haven’t subscribed first. We will accept last-minute subscribtions, but subscribe!
- Please, mention my blog and Emily’s as well as the event in your article. And don’t forget to share the links to the other entries. Make sure you share the ones we’ll post on November 11 and 12.
5- If you have any question, don’t hesitate to ask!
The Flapper Dame– Rear Window (1954)
Three Enchanting Ladies – TBD
The Story Enthusiast – Living With Grace (Book)
Realweegiemidget Reviews – To Catch A Thief (1956)
Maddy Loves Her Classic Films – High Society (1956)
In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood – Rear Window (1954)
Doses of Grace – Grace Kelly and William Holden’s partnership in The Bridges at Toko-ri (1954) and The Country Girl (1954)
The Stop Button – High Noon (1952)
Musings of a Classic FIlm Addict – Green Fire (1954)
The Midnite Drive-In – Dial M For Murder (1954)
dbmoviesblog – Dial M For Muder (1954)
Taking Up Room – Mogambo (1953)
Crítica Retrô – Portrayal of Grace Kelly’s wedding in fan magazines
Pale Writer – Mogambo (1953) and High Society (1956)
4 Star Films – The Country Girl (1954)
Overture Books and Films – Grace Kelly and Frank Sinatra relationship
Popcorn & Flickers – The history of the Kelly bag
To see the announcement on The Flapper Dame blog, please click here.
I can’t wait to celebrate Grace Kelly again!!