Well, well, well! Are we excited, or are we not? I am because I’m thrilled to announce that the Golden Boy Blogathon, honouring the one and only William Holden, is back this year for a fifth edition! Like it was the case for the 3rd and 4th edition, I’ll be co-hosting with the fantastic Michaela from Love Letters to Old Hollywood and the extraordinary Emily from The Flapper Dame! That blogging event is definitely among my favourites to host, so it’s certainly a pleasure to be back and in such great company!
What makes that edition even more remarkable is that I have now seen all of William Holden films! Ok, except for the German version of The Moon Is Blue, in which he does a cameo because I couldn’t find it! The event will occur from April 15 to 17, which marks William Holden’s birthday. He would have been 104. And we’re delighted to invite you to celebrate him with us via the publication of blog articles honouring his films, life and career!
If you wish to participate, please take a look at these rules first:
1- To subscribe, choose a subject related to the Golden Boy. It can be anything related to him as long as it is done with respect (it might be good to avoid his alcohol problems).
- We will allow duplicates, but a maximum of two persons/subject. However, you’re strongly encouraged to go out of the beaten tracks! Of course, we won’t put any limit on more personal topics such as a tribute.
- In the same vein, we will also allow a limit of TWO entries/blogger.
- Once you have your subject in mind, please submit it in the comments section. Let us know what you’d like to write about, and also provide the name of your blog and its URL. You can comment here or on Emily’s blog or Michaela’s blog.
2- Once we approve your subject, you are invited to help us promote the event by including one of the banners I created on your blog and sharing it on your social media as well!
3- The blogathon will start on April 15, 2022, and end on April 17, 2022. Please make sure to submit your entrie(s) on one of these dates, although we understand that life circumstances can cause delays. Totally understandable!
- We will each host a day. Emily will take care of April 15; I will do April 16, and Michaela will conclude with April 17. So, make sure to submit your entry on the right blog depending on when you publish it. 🙂
- When the blogathon will begin, we will add new posts where you’ll be able to submit your entries.
4- Lastly, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Remember that the objective of this event is to honour William Holden, so please remain respectful towards him in your writing.
- Everybody is welcome to participate (we can even arrange for you to be a guest writer if you don’t have a blog!). However, if you want to participate, please make sure to subscribe first. Don’t write an entry without subscribing and assume that we will include it in the blogathon. And don’t worry, we’ll accept very late minute subscriptions. 😉
If you have any question, please don’t hesitate to ask! Other than that, help us spread the word for that to be a successful blogging event!
Subjects already claimed twice.
The Blue Knight
The Wonderful World of Cinema – William Holden and Billy Wilder’s friendship
The Flapper Dame – The 7th Dawn (1964)
The Stop Button – Apartment for Peggy (1948)
Shadows and Satin – Sunset Boulevard (1950)
In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood – Hollywood at Last (I Love Lucy episode)
Real Weegie Midget Reviews – Fedora (1978)
Dubsism – The Devil’s Brigade (1968)
Crítica Retrô – The Turning Point (1952)
Silver Screenings – Our Town (1940)
Whimsically Classic – Force of Arms (1951)
Taking Up Room – Young and Willing (1943)
The Classic Movie Muse – Favourite William Holden movies
Movie Mom – Dear Ruth (1947)
Screen Dreams – Meet the Stewarts (1942)
Pop Culture Reverie – 21 Hours at Munich (1976)
Period Drama Fan (guest post at The Wonderful World of Cinema) – William Holden’s voice
Diary of a Movie Maniac – The Blue Knight (1973)
18 Cinema Lane – The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957)
Movie Rob – The Blue Knight (1973) and Escape From Athena (1979)
Rick’s Real/Reel Life – William Holden’s Golden Year : 1950
We’re looking forward to celebrating William Holden with you! See you soon!