So, after two months of waiting patiently for this event, the 2nd Golden Boy Blogathon: A William Holden Celebration is finally here!
It is, of course, my honour to host this event for the second year as I, like many of you I’m sure, am always willing to celebrate the wonderful actor that William Holden was.
The event start today and will end on April 17 , 2017 on Bill’s birthday. Please submit your entry within those dates by commenting on this post or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Twitter@Ginnie_SP, or by messaging our Facebook page.
Your entry will be included to the roster as you submit it.
If you have a Twitter account, please include your Twitter handle in your submission. That would be great as it will help me to promote your entry!
To the readers (and bloggers) make sure to read all the wonderful entries that were written by these participants of quality. There is a lot of efforts put in our William Holden celebration!
The Holdener’s entries
- Love Letters to Old Hollywood – Holden and Hepburn are screwballs in… Paris When It Sizzles(1964)
- Maddy Loves Her Classic Films – Holden As An Actor
- Crimson Kimono – Play Breezy For Me
- Caftan Woman – Boots Malone (1952)
- Thoughts All Sort – Wild Rovers with William Holden
- The Stop Button – The Wild Bunch (1969, Sam Peckinpah), the Director’s Cut
- Crítica Retrô – Golden Boy (1939)
- The Midnite Drive-In – Dedicated Doctor vs. Domineering Demagogue
- Life’s Daily Lessons Blog – William Holden in Born Yesterday (1950)
- Charlene’s (Mostly) Classic Movie Reviews – The Towering Inferno (1974)
- Hamlette’s Soliloquy – Texas (1941)
- Coffee, Classics, & Craziness – William Holden in The Devil’s Brigade
- Champagne for Lunch – William Holden Boldly Goes Toward the Unknown
- Old Hollywood Films – The Country Girl
- Realweegiemidget Reviews – Network
- The Wonderful World of Cinema – My Favourite Golden Holden Moments
- Cinema Cities – Best Pictures Nominees Starring William Holden
- Flickin’ Out – In Appreciation of the “Golden Boy”
- Whimsically Classic – Picnic (1955)
- The Flapper Dame – Apartment For Peggy
- Back to Golden Days – The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957)
- In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood – Sunset Boulevard (1950)
A big thanks to all the participants. I’m sure William Holden would have been honoured by this collective tribute!
Happy heavenly birthday dear Golden Boy! ❤