I’m so happy to announce that The Golden Boy Blogathon: a William Holden Celebration will be back again this year! William Holden is my second favourite actor and I truly enjoyed celebrating him via this blog last year. It was quite a success and everybody wrote marvellous pieces! So, it obviously had to be back! 🙂
Everybody is welcomed to participate. The event will take place from April 15 to April 17 (on Bill’s birthday), 2017.
As usual, there are some simple rules to follow:
1- Choose your subject. It can be anything related to William Holden. Please, no duplicates. William Holden had a long and beautiful career, so there are plenty of ideas. Of course, if you want to write something very personal like a tribute on why you love him (like I did last year), I can allow duplicates, because it’s a very vague topic. You can write more than one entry, but I would prefer you to limit yourself to two, precisely to give the chance to others to write about a topic they love (as I don’t allow duplicates).
2- Submit your subject by commenting on this post. You can also submit it via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter @Ginnie_SP or via The Wonderful World of Cinema’s Facebook Page. Give me the name of your blog, the URL, and your topic.
3- Once your choice has been confirmed, please grab one of these banners to help me promote the event on your blog. The more the merrier! 🙂
4- On twitter, use the following hashtag: #2GoldenBoyBlogathon
5- On the blogathon dates, April 15, 16 and 17, 2017, I will publish a new post where you’ll be able to submit your entries. You can also send them via email, Facebook or Twitter.
6- If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. And enjoy yourself! 🙂
Here is the roster :
- The Flapper Dame – Apartment for Peggy (1948)
- Caftan Woman – Boots Malone (1952)
- Juliet Campbell (guest post at The Wonderful World of Cinema) – The Counterfeit Traitor (1962)
- In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood – Sunset Boulevard (1950)
- Wolffian Classics Movies Digest – Sabrina (1954)
- Thoughts All Sorts – Wild Rovers (1971)
- Cinema Cities – Overview of 9 William Holden’s films nominated for Best Picture
- Love Letters to Old Hollywood – Paris When it Sizzles (1964)
- Back to Golden Days – The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957)
- The Midnite Drive-In – The Horse Soldiers (1959)
- Life Daily Lessons Blog – Born Yesterday (1950)
- Realweegmidget Reviews – Network (1976)
- Crítica Retrô – Golden Boy (1939)
- Hamlette’s Soliloquy – Texas (1941)
- Champagne for Lunch – Toward the Unknown (1956)
- Musings of a Classic Film Addict – Stalag 17 (1953)
- Old Hollywood Films – The Country Girl (1954)
- Crimson Kimono – Breezy (1973)
- The Stop Button – The Wild Bunch (1969)
- Charlene’s (Mostly) Classic Movie Reviews – The Towering Inferno (1974)
Once again, let’s make him smile! 🙂 That smile! ❤