I just came back from a wonderful one month trip to Spain (where, in Seville, I saw two places where Lawrence of Arabia was filmed)! And I must admit I already missed it and I’m bored with Montreal’s undesirable weather. But, if there’s something I missed during my trip, it’s watching classics and blogging, that’s for sure. However, I must admit, I had the chance to see Trouble in Paradise at the Cine Doré in Madrid!
But now I’m back anyway! Admit, you missed me? 😉 And back in strength as I’m here to announce the coming of my 3rd Wonderful Ingrid Bergman Blogathon, which will celebrate this most talented and beautiful actress at the occasion of her 102th birthday, but also her 35th death anniversary.
As this is the 3rd edition of this blogathon, I’m sure many of you are familiar with it. If not, you are of course most welcome to join us in the festivities. The more the merrier!
There are some simple rules to follow for this blogathon and here they are:
1- Choose a subject. You can write about anything related to Ingrid Bergman. My only request is the usual one: no duplicates (vive la variété!) You are welcome to write more than one entry, but as I don’t allow duplicates, please limit yourself to two.
2- You can submit your subject in the comments section of this post or via Twitter (@Ginnie_SP), email (email@example.com), or via The Wonderful World of Cinema facebook page. Please provide your subject, the name of your blog and your blog URL.
3- Can I participate even if I don’t have a blog? Yes! You are most welcome to. Here is how we’ll proceed: send me your text via email and I will add it to my blog and credit you as the writer.
4- Once your subject has been accepted and confirm, grab one of these banners to put on your blog in order to help me promote the blogathon. As you can see, I used only pictures of Ingrid’s profile. Ouuuu concept!
5- Like the previous years, the event will start on August 27 and end on August 29…2017!!
6- On the first day of the blogathon, I will update a new post for the entries where you’ll be able to submit your post. If you could give me your Twitter handle with it, that would be great!
7- If you have any question, don’t hesitate to ask!
Here is the roster:
- Maddy Loves Her Classic Films – The Bells of St. Mary’s (1945)
- Musings of a Classic Film Addict – Spellbound (1945)
- Phyllis Loves Classic Movies – The Yellow Rolls-Royce (1964)
- Thoughts All Sorts – For Whom the Bell Tolls (1943)
- Love Letters to Old Hollywood – Indiscreet (1958)
- Coffee, Classics, & Craziness – Casablanca (1942) and Notorious (1946)
- Life’s Daily Lessons Blog – Cactus Flower (1969)
- Carole MacLeod (guest post at The Wonderful World of Cinema) – Journey to Italy (1954)
- Taking Up Room – The Inn of the Sixth Happiness (1958)
- The Wonderful World of Cinema – A Woman’s Face (1938)
- The Midnite Drive-In – Gaslight (1944)
- Box Office Poison – Autumn Sonata (1978)
- Realweegiemidget Reviews – Murder on the Orien Express (1974)
- In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood – The Legacy of Ingrid Bergman
- Wolffian Classics Movies Digest – Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941)
- Charlene’s (Mostly) Classic Movie Reviews – Ingrid Bergman: In Her Own Words (2015)
- Carolyn Patricia Wright (guess post at In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood) – Anastasia (1956)
- Silver Screenings – Intermezzo (1939)
- Crítica Retrô – Europa 51 (1952)
- The Dream Book Blog – Hedda Gabler (1963)
- Old Hollywood Films – Ingrid Bergman’s Portrayals of Joan of Arc
- Anybody Got A Match? – Ingrid’s Later Career and Life (1957-1982)
See you on the 27 to honour the wonderful Ingrid Bergman!