Oh my God! I am currently beyond excited as I’m FINALLY announcing the 90 Years of Jean Simmons Blogathon!! And the great Laura from Phyllis Loves Classic Movies is hosting it with me, which makes the thing even more fun since it’s the first time we’ll be hosting a blogathon together! About time! I was waiting for an opportunity to honour this wonderful British actress since quite a long time. Next January 31, Jean Simmons would have been 90 years old, so, that is the perfect occasion for us, bloggers, to celebrate her with a blogathon.
Jean Simmons was such a unique celebrity. Talking for myself, she’s my 3rd favourite actress (behind the #1 trio: Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman and #2: Joan Fontaine). So, such an event is very important to me. I hope you’ll be as thrilled as I am to write various articles about her and her films next January!
If you wish to participate, please make sure to read these few rules first!
1- Choose a topic connected to Jean Simmons by commenting on this post or on Laura’s blog. You can also send me an email at email@example.com. Please include the name of your blog, the URL, and your chosen subject.
- It can be anything related to Jean Simmons: her films, her career in England, her friendship with Deborah Kerr, etc.
- Since we want as many participants as possible, we’ll allow duplicates (yay!). However, we’ll allow a maximum of two (2) persons by subject.
- We’ll allow a maximum of two (2) entries/each.
- Can I participate if I don’t have a blog? Of course! All you’ve got to do is to email me your text (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll include it to one of our blogs as a guest post. Make sure to subscribe first!
- All articles must be new material
2- Once your subject has been approved, grab one of these banners and include it on your blog to help us promote the event! You can also help us spread the word by sharing this post on various social media!
3- The event will start on January 29 and will end on January 31, 2019. On the 29, we’ll each publish a new post with all the entries and where you’ll submit yours.
4- More important things:
- If you don’t like Jean Simmons, this blogathon might not be for you. After all, the event was created to honour her. Any article that seems unrespectful towards her won’t be included to the blogathon.
- If you wish to participate, make sure to SUBSCRIBE first. We simply don’t want you to write an article and assume we’ll add it to the blogathon even if you haven’t subscribed first. It is not fair to those who did. We will accept last-minute subscriptions, but subscribe!
- Please, mention my blog and Laura’s in your article and share the link to the other entries. Make sure you link the new post we’ll update on January 29, 2019!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!
Subjects already claimed twice:
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Murder, She Wrote
Guys & Dolls
Footsteps in the Fog
The Happy Ending
Phyllis Loves Classic Movies – She Couldn’t Say No (1954)
The Wonderful World of Cinema – Personal tribute
Caftan Woman – Murder, She Wrote “Mirror, Mirror On the Wall” (1989)
Wide Screen World – Star Trek: The Next Generation “The Drumhead” (1991)
Maddy Loves Her Classic Films – Footsteps in the Fog (1955)
Real Weegiemidget Reviews – Star Trek: The Next Generation “The Drumhead” (1991)
In the Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood – Murder, She Wrote “Mirror, Mirror On the Wall” (1989)
Cinema Cities – Guys & Dolls (1955)
Hamlette’s Soliloquy – The Big Country (1958)
Pop Culture Reverie – Dark Shadows (1991)
Pale Writer – Guys & Dolls (1955) and This Could Be the Night (1957)
Silver Screenings – Elmer Gantry (1960)
MovieRob – The Happy Ending (1969) and Footsteps in the Fog (1955)
Taking Up Room – Elmer Gantry (1960)
The Midnite Drive-In – The Blue Lagoon (1949)
The Stop Button – The Happy Ending (1969)
Crítica Retrô – Hilda Crane (1956)
18 Cinema Lane – Howl’s Moving Castle (2004)
Film Exodus – Affair With A Stranger (1953)
To see the announcement on Laura’s blog, click here: Phyllis Loves Classic Movies
Can’t wait to see you in January for this very special event!